r@fink brews

Thursday, January 03, 2008

Phat Tyre rolls in again

I brewed another Phat Tyre today because the last one was just so friggin' good. It had to be good, it only took a couple of weeks to finish it off.
I noticed that due to the hop shortage in the U.S. the Northern Brewer Phat Tyre kit contained a different hop inclusion. I can't remember what the hops were in their kits previously, but I'm sure there was a bittering hop for the full boil and an aroma hop before flame out. The latest kit just contained .5 oz. Summit Hops for the full boil. We'll see if the high alpha Summit can carry the load. I also made the mistake of ordering this kit on the wrong day of the week and it got hung up at UPS over the weekend resulting in frozen yeast. Luckily the yeast turned out to still be alive and is churning away in the fermenter as we speak. Must remember to order on Fridays!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home