r@fink brews

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

you don't really get frogs from touching wort

I plan on brewing the Irish red on Saturday. It just came UPS and I can't wait until the wonderful aromas of the steeping grains and hops fill the air. If it wasn't for the drinking part this part would be the best. Anyone wants to come around for the boil, stop by and we'll tip a few while we brew.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Here's the kit. It's amazing how you can turn this into five gallons of beer.

3 Comments:

At 8:44 PM, Blogger ShortyT said...

I'd LOVE to come help you brew, but (unfortunately?) I have to attend or coach six (6!!!) soccer games on Saturday. It is the big Soccer Jamboree here in Bismarck.
Meanwhile, L'il Petey, Hunter, and I are playing golf on Sunday at Prairie West. I haven't been out for 5-6 weeks, so it could be a debacle.
The Fall is welcome. Maybe next year we can plan an Oktoberfest of home brews, etc. What do you thunk?

 
At 5:01 PM, Blogger - r@fink said...

I think:
-The Oktoberfest idea needs serious consideration.
- Six soccer games in a day, Jamboree or not, begs for a homebrew or two.
_ Debacle aside, playing golf with Petey is a dangerous situation.

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger - r@fink said...

Shorty, I have lost your e-mail address. Could you forward it to Vicha and I?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home