r@fink brews

Saturday, August 02, 2008

Hail Storm Brown Ale

I put my Barley Crusher to work today and whipped up a Moose Drool clone. Brewing was delayed an hour or so to allow a big assed thunderstorm to drop a ton of rain and hail the size of my big toe. I have decided to name the beer Hailstorm Brown Ale.
Hailstorm Brown Ale
9lbs. 2 Row Pale malt
1 lb. Crystal (60L)
.5 lb. Crystal (20)
.5 lb. Carapils
.5 lb. Flaked oats
.3 lb. Chocolate malt
.25 lb Black Patent malt
Hop schedule
1 oz. East Kent Goldings (60 min.)
1 oz. Liberty (30 min.)
1 oz. Willamette (5 min.)
White labs English ale (WLP002)
Mash temp 154° 60 min.
Sparge 178°

1 Comments:

At 11:23 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I have never tried to brew my own ale and my husband doesn't seem interested either. We do drink a fair bit of ale and it goes very nice with a few select cheeses.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home