r@fink brews

Saturday, May 14, 2005

strange brew

Brewed the Hefe Weizen today, and boy was it easy. 6lbs. of malt syrup , 1 lb. dry malt, only 1oz. of hops full boil, and no grains to steep in the wort. It was so easy that I got that "It was too easy, I must have done something wrong" feeling.
After the boil and pitching the yeast it only took a couple hours in the carbouy before it started bubbling. And man did it bubble! Just before I hit the sack for the night, I checked it and it was blowing foam through the airlock! First time I've had any blow-off from my brews.
There is a very sweet, banana-clove like smell to the Wyeast #3333 German Wheat yeast. It really smells interesting, can't wait to taste it. Don't I say that about them all?
Here is a pic of the strange brew. Notice all the gunk blown through the airlock (wish me luck cleaning that sucker out!)


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home