r@fink brews

Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Waiter, there's a sack in my soup.

Saturday I racked my Brown Ale into the secondary without incident. One week than it's bottle time. Dipped into the Red Ale Sunday...Pretty damn good if I say so myself. I must have done it right cause it has fizz and it doesn't taste like an old band-aid. Speaking of unappetizing....Saturday Nancy and I had lunch at the local Applebee's where I ordered a six dollar cheeseburger, and Nancy ordered a nacho dip appetizer thingy. Nancy got a few chips into her dip when she noticed what appeared to be a hard clump of cheese in the middle of the dish. She picked it up with a fork and as the cheese ran off we could see it was the plastic bag the cheese came in. It looked like the cook just threw the bag in the bowl and microwaved it. Yuch! Needless to say, we left there without paying for our meals. The most disturbing part of the whole incident was how the server and manager didn't seem to be too concerned about it all. They just came up and said sorry and don't worry about the bill. Kind of makes you nervous about eating out these days.

I cracked a Red Ale today, boy did it look and taste good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home