r@fink brews

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Nukey racked....finally

I racked the Nukey into the secondary today, and it's about time. It's been two weeks and one day since it was brewed and it's flattened down enough to make the trip. The cooler temperature I've been storing the carboy in really extends the time it takes for fermentation. It really smells good though!
I moved a bottle of Kölsch to the refrigerator today for a taste test later....we'll see how this one turned out as I enjoy it with the brisket that is smoking on the deck right now.
We were at the liquor store on Saturday and picked up a sixer of Smithwick's Irish Ale. I've heard people mention how much they've liked it so I had to give it a try, and found it to be pretty good with a mix of slight dry hoppiness with a hint of sweet malt character. I'd give it a 7.5.

3 Comments:

At 11:52 AM, Blogger maple.grover said...

Will the Nukey be ready in April?!?!?!?!??

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger - r@fink said...

Nukey will be ready at the end of April. Two weeks in secondary and three in the bottle.

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger maple.grover said...

How about by around April 20th or so!! We are planning to come back that weekend!! Hopefully the weather is decent and we can smoke something!! :) Ha ha!! That sounds kinda funny! I'm talking about something "legal" and edible!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home